Thursday 16 January 2014

It's mine!

Finally after all the waiting the two little houses are mine. We got the thumbs up that the acte de vente had been signed mid Monday afternoon and the first task was to checkout on the Screwfix order that had been sitting on their server for a month. Easier said than done.... items were going out of stock by the minute and as soon as we found an alternative that was going out of stock too but nonetheless a huge order went in. I got out my trusty M&S credit card and checked out - but it didn't work. After another attempt I got out my Tesco Card and lo and behold it didn't work either. So Phil pulled out his (card) and I transferred the money over to his account. Within minutes M&S were on the phone saying they thought my account had been compromised and got me to cut up my card. They are sending me another.

Then we left for B&Q. We had got a quote last week for bathroom stuff as our first job will be to get an inside toilet and shower or bath sorted. This will be in the attic - which will become our bedroom with an en suite. What a bargain - 25% off and we added tiles and even wood and plasterboard to the order. There was 20% off towel radiators so we added these to the order and then got a further 25% off so we were delighted. Half an hour later I am standing at the checkout and guess what? Yeah - you're right - my Tesco card was declined. So everything is now going in my bank debit card. Not that it makes any difference these days - I'm not going to earn any interest by holding onto the money for another few days.

By this time we were pretty well shopped out so we came home to.......do more Internet shopping.

Screwfix delivered the following day and everything we ordered was there - it did take 2 hours to check everything though.

Yesterday was lovely. Our wonderful friends Mike and Maria have donated a Capel 5 ring gas cooker to us. New hinges have been ordered and also a LPG conversion kit, so we went down to Wimborne to collect it. There is even a rotisserie. It looks very similar to this(or will by the time Mr Muscle has had his way). Huge thanks to you both. I will have great fun cooking on it.


The last few days have been so busy and we have a thought that if all our deliveries arrive by Tuesday next week then we will book the ferry for Thursday or Friday. It's suddenly becoming very real.

Please sign up and follow our journey - I am sure it is going to become much more exciting - from these tame photos here to pictures of destruction and hopefully new creations.


1 comment: